These are discussion questions from "The Orchard: A Memoir" by Adele Crockett Robertson.
- Were you surprised that she alone would want to take on trying to save the orchard, despite her family being against it?
- What do you think it was that kept her motivated to keep working so hard at saving the orchard?
- Did you think that her and Joe would ever become romantically involved?
- Do you think it was smart for her to pay the laborers so much more than other orchards were at the time?
- Do you think it was worth her taking that journal (leaving her city, job) to try and save the farm?
- Could you have had the courage she did to stay on the farm working so hard and struggling so much?
- How would you describe Adele? Did she fit into the typical role of a woman at that time?
- What surprised you the most about her story?